Oct 3, 2009

Terrorism Briefing


While in DC this past week, I attended a briefing of the Senate Homeland Security Committee on the recent string of terrorism arrests (IE -- Illinois, Denver/NYC, NC, Dallas). Sen. Joe Lieberman presided and FBI director Mueller and DHS Secretary Napolitano testified. Kind of cool, as John McCain attended briefly and the committees newest member Sen. Kirk, who replaced Ted Kennedy sat on the committee for the first time. I don't ususally write about briefings, but thought I would share this one because a photo of the briefing got picked up by the Washington Post. If you look behind Director Mueller (over his left shoulder), you will see Andy Polk of our office and next to him is me. I was checking my blackberry so I am glancing down.


No comments:

Post a Comment