Jul 23, 2009

287g Statistics for Charlotte-Mecklenburg


Due to my recent blogging about the 287g program in Charlotte being in jeopardy, I thought it would be beneficial to give you the statistics for the program and let you decide if we would be better off with or without the program in place.

Since 2006 inception of the 287g program:

Total number of inmates charged and brought into the local jail that were non US born: 11,162

Inmates processed for deportation: 6,914

Of those processed for deportation, number that had previously been deported: 544

Of those processed for deportation, number that had outstanding warrants for removal: 491

Note: Of the 6,914 processed for removal, 1654 were arrested for DWI

1 comment:

  1. The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a twenty
    five foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
    My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!


    Stop by my blog: Cardsharing

    ReplyDelete